Gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup pre-cooked mashed purple sweet potato
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Tahini Glaze ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2–3 teaspoons raspberry powder
- Coconut Flakes
- Hemp seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Almond Slivers
- Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 6 slot donut pan with coconut oil. Set aside. . In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small/medium pot, on medium-low heat, add mashed sweet potato, cashew milk, coconut oil, apple cider, and spices. Mix to incorporate. Heat the mixture until it is warm, reaching a low simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add your warm purple potato mixture to your dry mix and stir well to combine.
- Spoon 4 tablespoons (or the amount that fits in your donut slots) of batter into each slot, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze: Add all glaze ingredients to a high powered blender and blend till smooth and creamy…adjusting flavors if needed. Pour your glaze into a small, wide rimmed bowl and dip each fully cooled donut into the glaze. Being sure to rotate the surface of the donut, getting it fully coated.
- Allow the donuts to drip on a baking rack for a few minutes before topping with your favorite nuts, seeds, and fruit.