Such a comforting soup you can make time and time again. Made with delicious noodles, tomatoes, lentils, and Italian seasoning. This recipe is by Marissa Wong from It’s All Good Vegan, find more of her recipes on her blog.
- 2 tsp neutral oil, I used olive oil
- 7 to 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup uncooked red lentils
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk, I used oat milk
- ½ small lemon, seeded and juiced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat a large pot with oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, lentils, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Stir and bring soup to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling add the salt and pepper. Slowly, break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and add them to the soup. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the noodles are completely cooked.
- Add the lemon juice, plant milk, nutritional yeast, fresh spinach, and stir. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Taste soup and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
- Divide into soup bowls and serve.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
Make it Your Own:
- Substitute Italian seasoning with 2 tsp of each dried thyme, dried oregano, dried rosemary, and dried basil.
- Like a little extra spice? Sprinkle some crushed red pepper to the top of your soup.
- Garnishes that I recommend for this soup include vegan cheese, fresh basil, or nutritional yeast.
Recipe & Photography by Marissa Wong.