- 2 servings of fresh rice noodles (about 420g)
- 1 cup veggie of choice (used homegrown bok choy)
- a handful of Thai basil leaves
- 4–5 cloves garlic
- 2 Thai chili
- 4oz firm tofu – pressed
- oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons stir fry sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tablespoons homemade vegan ‘fish’ sauce (details in @woon.heng’s IG story highlights)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all the sauce ingredients until well combined and set aside.
- Pound or finely chopped the chili and garlic.
- In a heated non-stick pan, pan-fry tofu until golden brown. Then, push tofu to the side of the pan. Add a little more oil to the pan and sauté the garlic and chili mix until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the veggies in and cook for a minute or two. Then, add in the noodles and the sauce mixture.
- Using a pair of tongs, quickly toss the noodles with sauce until all noodles are well coated. Continue to cook for another 30 seconds to allow the noodles to absorb all the flavors. Taste test and adjust accordingly that is to add more vegan ‘fish’ sauce or stir fry sauce for more umami flavor or more soy sauce or salt for saltiness. Finally, add the Thai Basil and give it a quick toss and turn off the heat. Serve warm and enjoy!