- 2 servings of dried noodles of your choice
- 14oz (397g) firm tofu, drained, pressed & mashed
- ½ (~20g) cup packed fresh Thai basil/basil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1–2 Thai chili, chopped
- shredded butter lettuce or veggies of choice
- oil for cooking, toasted sesame oil, salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce/tamari/coconut amino
- 1 tablespoon thick dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon *stir fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan *’fish’ sauce
- Cook noodles based on package’s instructions, drain & toss in a little oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
- Meanwhile, cook mashed tofu (be sure they are dry) in a heated non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon oil until slightly brown, then push to the side of the pan.
- Add 2-3 toasted sesame oil, then garlic & sauté until aromatic. Stir in soy sauce, ‘fish’ sauce, Thai chili, basil & continue to cook for 1 minute until tofu absorbs all the sauce, turn off heat.
- Add noodles to the tofu mixture, then drizzle with dark soy sauce & stir fry sauce. Quickly toss noodles using a pair of tongs & chopsticks until well combined. Season accordingly, if needed.
- Serve warm with butter lettuce.
*See both sauce recipes in @woon.heng’s IG story highlights.