- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Vegan caramel*
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup strong brewed rooibos tea
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup corn starch mixed with a mittle bit of water to make a paste
- 1 packet of agar (11g)
- pinch of salt
- 400ml canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Start by making the nougat base, melt the coconut oil, add the maple syrup and the vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add in the wet into the dry and press into a square baking tin lined with baking paper and place in the fridge.
- Add all the ingredients for the caramel into a pot on the stove and let it simmer until it thickens.
- Remove and pour onto the base, smooth out with a spatula and place in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- For the jam, add the chopped strawberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt into a pan and let it simmer on medium until it starts to soften and gets jammy.
- Add the corn starch (mix with a little but of water first) and agar-agar powder just before removing and then pour on to the caramel layer.
- Leave to set for about an hour and a half in the fridge and remove to slice and decorate with fresh strawberries.
- Place all the ingredients except the salt and vanilla in a pot on medium heat and bring to a boil for about 30-45 minutes until it becomes gooey and oozing caramel.
- Whisk in the salt and vanilla powder and store in a glass container.
Find more of Mariza’s recipes on Life in the South.