This raw vegan watermelon ceviche will explode with flavor in your mouth! Easy to make, easier to enjoy! Find step-by-step instructions both in video and text forms below.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 whole limes – squeezed of all juice
- 2 whole stalks scallion – sliced
- 1 jalapeño – minced
- handful of fresh coriander (cilantro) – roughly chopped plus whole leaves for garnish
- ½ English cucumber – diced same size as watermelon
- zest from 1 lime
- 2–3 tbsp good extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Place watermelon in a large bowl. Add in fresh lime juice, mix, and let sit for at least 15-20 minutes. This allows the lime juice to absorb into the watermelon, break it down a bit, and balance out the sweetness.
- Make the tortillas. In a nonstick skillet, spray with cooking spray and place over medium high flame. Once hot, add in the tortilla. It’ll start forming bubbles, so just use your knife to carefully poke a few holes so it flattens. Toast on each side for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cut into chips. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate large shallow bowl, mix together scallions, jalapeños, coriander, cucumber, lime zest, black pepper, a large pinch of kosher salt and olive oil.
- Add watermelon to the cucumber mixture, straining from the remaining lime juice mixture. Combine well, taste to make sure there is enough salt. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve with homemade chippers!
View this post on Instagram
Can’t wait to try more watermelon recipes before the summer’s over? Make this refreshing mojito, or pack up a whole picnic with chipotle “chicken” wraps, smoked paprika corn on the cob, Italian noodle salad, and sweet potato black beans (don’t forget the watermelon slices!).