- •28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- •1 small onion
- •5 garlic cloves
- •1/2 cup vegan red wine (you can skip if you don’t do any alcohol)
- •1/2 cup water
- •1 tsp brown sugar
- •1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- •1 tsp black pepper •handful chopped fresh basil
- •2 tbs olive oil
- Heat olive oil on a large skillet over medium high.
- Sauté diced onion until almost browned & then add garlic for 1 minute.
- Add wine and simmer down until most liquid is reduced.
- Add all other ingredients & cook on medium low stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Let simmer for 20 mins.
- Top with more fresh basil & serve over pasta of choice!