- 4 slices of bread, substitute with gluten free bread.
- 1 cup dairy-free milk, I used almond milk
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 medium banana, mashed into a paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp oil, canola spray oil or coconut oil. This is for the pan.
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Cut your slices of bread into sticks. Repeat until all of the slices have been cut. Set bread aside.
- Combine the mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and ground flax seed in a large bowl and whisk. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk mixture once more. Completely dunk your stuffed French Toast Sticks in the mixture covering all sides. Repeat until you have covered all sticks.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil to your pan. Add 3-4 coated sticks to the pan (you don’t want to add too many at once).
- Fry slices on both sides until golden brown. I cooked my slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with walnuts, bananas, and maple syrup.
Find more of Marissa’s recipes on @itsallgoodvegan.