Easy, healthy, affordable – this eggless bittermelon scramble makes a great breakfast.
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ¼ of an onion (diced)
- 6–8 cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 1 Firm Tofu (mashed – preferably organic)
- 1 Bittermelon (Cut in any shape – soaked in H2O and salt for an hour “drained after”)
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (this will make the egg-like color “yellow”)
- ½ stems of green onions (garnish)
- Heat oil on the skillet on medium high. When it’s hot and ready, add garlic. When it’s golden brown, add onions. When it’s translucent, add in cherry tomatoes. Sautée for a minute or so.
- Add tofu, garlic powder, turmeric and soy sauce. When the tofu is yellow, you can now add the Bittermelon. I like to add the BM last because I want it crunchy. Add it after cherry tomatoes if you want it softer. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- When done, put it on a plate and garnish with green onions. Enjoy! 😀
Find more of Eugene’s recipes on @pinoy_vegan.
For more vegan breakfast recipes, click here.