Yondu’s vegan umami vegetable seasoning sauce transforms a frozen bag of peas into a fresh and delicious snack that will brighten up anything you dip or schmear it on. Yondu’s umami enhances the natural sweetness in peas and adds savoriness and balance.
It’s easy, versatile and forgiving with substitutions. Don’t have walnuts or mint? Any nut or herb you have at home will work and still taste amazing. If you’ve got some peas lying around in your freezer, you’re only 5 minutes away from this game-changing healthy dip.
This dip is the perfect healthy umami snack you can enjoy with bread or veggies.
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp Yondu umami seasoning sauce (click here to order it on amazon.com)
1 small garlic clove (roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp chopped mint
- Purée the peas, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, Yondu and garlic until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the mint.
- Serve with toasted bread or crudités.
Disclaimer: This recipe is sponsored by Yondu.