(Recipe sponsored by Yondu)
Flavorful Dumpling Noodle Soup
As you may know if you follow me on Instagram, I am a big fan of umami flavors, especially in soups and seasonings but creating homemade versions can take me hours. Now with just a few spoons of Yondu‘s umami vegetable seasoning sauce, I could make this satisfying soup that is packed with plant-rich umami savoriness in minutes. Yondu is 100% natural, organic, gluten-free, vegan & non-GMO with no added flavors or preservatives. (Click here to order a bottle).
Watch the Recipe Video
A comforting vegan and umami noodle soup with delicious dumplings.
- 15 dumpling wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup edamame, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Yondu umami seasoning sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons Yondu umami seasoning sauce
- Others ingredients: noodles of choice (cook as directed), green vegetables (I used YuChoy), water, oil for cooking
- Heat a non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté carrot, cabbage, edamame until the cabbage is tender. Season with Yondu umami seasoning and pepper. Dish out and let cool.
- To make the dumpling, place a spoonful of filling onto the middle of the wrapper and pleat to seal. Using the same pan, add another 2 teaspoons of oil and add in the dumplings in one layer, slightly apart.
- Cook until the bottom turns slightly brown then add a cup of water. Cover it with a lid and cook over medium heat until all water has evaporated. Set aside.
- In a heated pan with ½ tablespoons oil, sauté tomatoes & potatoes for about 1 min. Add in the water and season with 2 tablespoons of Yondu umami seasoning.
- Place a lid over, bring it to boil, then lower the heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove the lid, taste test & season if needed then cook vegetables of choice until tender.
- To serve, place cooked noodles in a bowl, then ladle the umami broth with vegetables over and top with potstickers.
SAVE/PIN/SHARE THIS RECIPE