Ginger Graham-Style Crust:
- 2 cups granola
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract/paste
- 2 cups peaches, sliced (fresh or canned)
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot/tapioca starch/cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut/date sugar
Garnishings for crust:
- plant milk
- sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Process all of the dry crust ingredients in your food processor, pour into a bowl and add the maple syrup, vanilla, and almond butter and stir until you have a dough. Add a little more flour if it’s too sticky.
- Once your dough forms, place it onto a floured parchment paper.
- Divide the dough in half, then roll out each half into 7-inch circles using an oiled rolling pin and your hands
- **NOTE if the dough breaks apart when rolling, put it back in the bowl and add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time
- Next, add your sliced peaches in a separate bowl.
- Add the arrowroot/tapioca/cornstarch, allspice, cinnamon, and coconut/date sugar and stir gently to combine.
- Moving clockwise, layer the peach slices in a fan-like pattern in the center of both galettes leaving a border to fold the crust over the ends of the peaches.
- Fold the dough over the ends of the peaches using a knife to help you fold the dough smoothly. If it breaks, just pinch the dough back together with your fingers.
- Continue in either a clockwise/counter-clockwise pattern until all the dough is folded over.
- Repeat with the other galette.
- Next, spray the peaches with coconut oil and brush some plant milk over the crust and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle the crust and peaches with more cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with dairy-free vanilla ice cream and maple/agave syrup.
Find more of Gina’s recipes on @healthylittlevittles.
If you loved these ginger peach galettes, explore more vegan galette recipes here.