- 1 deciliter Warm Water
- 1.5 tablespoon Dry Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Aquafaba* (the liquid from a chickpea can)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 200 gram Plain Flour
- 50 gram Marzipan
- 50 gram Vegan Butter
- 50 gram Sugar
- 25 gram Dark Chocolate (optional)
- 50 gram Powdered Sugar
- 10 gram Vegan Sour Cream
- A few splashes of Water
- Stir together warm water, dry yeast and sugar in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes until it starts to froth up / activate.
- Pour in the aquafaba, oil and sea salt. Mix well. Finally, add in the flour.
- Start kneading as soon as it comes together. Keep going for 7-8 minutes, adding more flour as needed. The dough should be slightly sticky, but not so sticky that it sticks to the worktop.
- Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with cling film and a tea towel and leave to rise for about 45 minutes.
- For the filling, add all ingredients to a bowl and mash with a fork until combined. Roll out the dough to a rectangle and spread the filling all over.
- Now – tightly – roll up the dough starting from one of the two long sides.
- Slice the log into 8 equal pieces and place in a parchment lined cast iron skillet (or baking pan). Sprinkle pearl sugar over the top if you have any.
- Cover with cling film and tea towel again and leave for just about another 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Now, pop the marzipan rolls in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. They should be a golden brown colour on top. Top with the glaze and enjoy!
*this makes the dough a little softer, but can be substituted by equal parts water.