Who knew making Oreo cookies healthy, raw, and absolutely delicious was so easy? These raw Oreos are incredibly easy to make and require minimum ingredients and preparation.
- 50 grams / ½ cup oatmeal
- 180 grams / 1 ½ cups almonds
- 100 grams / 1 cup dates, pitted
- 80 grams / 1 cup raw cacao
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 130 grams / 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for four hours and the dates in water for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cookie ingredients in the order they appear, bit by bit to the blender. Mix well until the mixture is finely ground and forms a dough.
- Remove the dough from the blender, place in on a sheet of parchment paper and roll it out using a rolling pin. If the dough is too dry, add a little coconut oil or water.
- Using a cookie cutter or the lid of a jar, cut the dough into small circles.
- Place the cookies on a plate and when you have cut all the cookies, put the plate in the fridge.
- Wash out the blender, then fill with the ingredients for the cashew cream and mix until creamy. Spoon the cream into a small bowl.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge, spoon a teaspoon of the cashew cream onto a cookie and top with another cookie so that a ‘sandwich’ is formed. Repeat until there are no cookies remaining.
Find more of Rens’s recipes at @renskroes.
Inspired by Raw Oreos
If you love recreating world-famous cookies in vegan form, you might be interested in trying out these recipes: