This is a quick & easy pasta dish I like to make for lunch on busy days. It’s creamy, full of veggies and super filling.
- 6oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 5oz tempeh
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan queso-style dip*
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup veggie broth or water (a little more if needed)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh herbs to serve
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, sauté the green onions and garlic in the oil in a pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Chop/crumble the tempeh and the walnuts and add them to the pan. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Chop & add the grape tomatoes, mix well and add the broth or water.
- Reduce heat to low and add the queso-style dip*, mix well and let simmer for 1-2 min.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and serve with the pasta and herbs (optional).
*I used store-bought plant-based queso-style dip for convenience, but if you don’t have queso-style dip at hand, you can also blend 1/3 cup pine nuts or 1/2 cup soaked cashews with the same volume of water, 2tbsp nutritional yeast, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika and onion powder.