- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ¾ cups vegan “chick’n” broth or veggie broth
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- 2 Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 package store-bought vegan biscuits (I used Immaculate but Pillsbury’s Southern Homestyle Biscuits are actually accidentally vegan too if you can’t find the Immaculate ones!)
- 2 cups unbreaded vegan “chick’n”
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook your vegan chick’n according to package directions and set aside. Shred or chop it into bite-sized pieces if necessary.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat, and melt vegan butter in it. Then add onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt. Saute for 30-45 minutes until the veggies are all nice and tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, heat up the broth in the microwave.
- Make a little space in the middle of the pan and add garlic, saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to low and add flour, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add hot chick’n broth and cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is completely dissolved.
- Add ½ tsp salt, some cracks of fresh pepper, peas, parsley, and chick’n, stir to combine.
- Lay the biscuits on top, lay a piece of aluminum foil on top (do not cover the dish tightly, this is just so the top of the biscuits don’t burn before they cook all the way through) bake for 15 minutes then remove the foil.
- Bake for another 10-20 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown on top and cooked in the middle.