These are my favorite vegan chocolate cookies. They almost remind me of brownies and they’re ready in under 20 minutes. Hope you love them too!
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 + 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (gf works but will make them crumble more)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3–4 oz dairy-free dark chocolate (60%), cut into chunks .
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350°F.
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar using an electric mixer and set aside.
- Sift the all-purpose flour and cacao powder into a bowl, then mix in the baking soda and sea salt.
- Using your hands, mix the dry and wet ingredients until you get a crumbly dough before adding the cashew milk. Mix again.
- Mix 1/2 of the chocolate chunks into the dough.
- Form small dough balls (about 1/2 to 1 inch in parameter, depending on how big you want your cookies to be) and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough space between the cookies as they’ll spread while baking. The dough will feel very crumbly, that’s normal, if you press the crumbles together, they’ll stick though!
- Bake for 10 minutes (if you made bigger cookies or if you’re using a glass or other thicker tray, you may need to increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes, but be sure to still check at the 10-minute mark).
- Add the remaining chocolate chunks to each of the cookies and sprinkle coarse sea salt on top.
- Let the cookies cool for at least a few minutes. .