Drenched in decadent cream cheese glaze, these vegan skillet cinnamon rolls are a perfect breakfast or afternoon coffee treat.
- 100 ml warm water
- 1,5 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon aquafaba
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 200 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of sea salt
The cream cheese glaze
- 50 grams vegan cream cheese
- 25 grams vegan butter
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 1–2 splashes of water
- Stir together warm water, dry yeast, and cane sugar in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes until it starts to froth up / activate.
- Pour in the aquafaba, olive oil, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Finally, add in the flour. Start kneading as soon as it comes together. Keep going for 7-8 minutes, adding more flour as needed. The dough should be slightly sticky, but not so sticky that it sticks to the worktop.
- Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with cling film and a tea towel, and leave to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle and spread the butter all over. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the butter with the pinch of sea salt. Now – tightly – roll up the dough starting from one of the two long sides. Slice the log into 8 equal pieces and place in a parchment-lined cast iron skillet (or baking pan). Cover with cling film and tea towel again and leave for just about another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Now, pop the skillet in the oven and bake the rolls for 12-15 minutes. They should be a golden brown color on top.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese glaze. Just mix everything together with a whisk until it’s smooth and resembles something you would like to bathe in.
- While the rolls are still hot, pour over half of the glaze. This will ensure that the glaze melts into all the little cracks. When the rolls have cooled a bit, pour over the rest of the glaze. Serve warm or at room temperature. Preferably with coffee.
Find more of Trine’s recipes on @trinerask.
If you loved these vegan skillet cinnamon rolls…
You might want to check out our Cinnamon Buns & Rolls section for more inspiration!