Layered drinks are always a delight to look at, and in the case of this strawberry coconut maca smoothie, just as delicious as they are pretty! These classic flavors make a great combination, and it just takes minutes to mix everything together.
VANILLA SMOOTHIE LAYER:
- 2–3 large frozen bananas
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ¼ cup coconut water (plus more if needed)
- Begin by blending the vanilla layer in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy. Set aside in a separate jar. Adjust sweetness as desired.
- Blend the strawberry layer until smooth and creamy. Adjust the liquid if needed.
- In a jar of your choice, alternate by spooning layers of the vanilla layer and strawberry layer to reach your desired effect. Serve & enjoy.
Find more of Sam’s recipes on @samkristinemurphy.