These vegan mars bar bites are proof that any recipe can be easily veganized without sacrificing the familiar flavors and textures. Try making them and see for yourself!
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (not soaked)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup filtered water (plus more when needed)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 2–3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 1 hr
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ¾ cup melted cacao butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Make the nougat first by blending the raw cashews and coconut flour in a high powered blender until a fine flour forms. Transfer to a bowl and add coconut butter, rice malt syrup and water and mix until soft dough forms. Add more water if it’s too dry. Transfer to a lined loaf tin and freeze.
- To make the caramel, blend the dates, maple syrup, almond butter, salt and vanilla in a food processor until creamy. Add the coconut oil last and blend until smooth. Spread over the nougat and freeze the whole slice overnight.
- Prepare the chocolate by whisking the chocolate ingredients together until no lumps remain.
- Remove the slice from the freezer and using a sharp knife, slice into bite-sized chunks of your desired bar sizes.
- Dip each bar twice in chocolate, transfer to a cooling/drying rack, and keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
Find more of Sam’s recipes on @samkristinemurphy.
If these vegan mars bar bites have inspired you…
We have more great recipes recreating world-famous sweet treats in vegan form, check them out below: