Looking for a whole-food plant-based steak recipe? Look no further – these spicy lime cauliflower steaks are it! Made with a simple, yet effective spice mix and paired with chimichurri sauce, they are a stand-out dinner idea.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zested and juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Start by washing and cutting the cauliflower in 0,7-1 inch thick steaks, the remaining florets can be saved and used for another dish or juicing.
- Mix all ingredients except the cilantro in a small mixing bowl brush the cauliflower steaks and use the remaining sauce in the pan. Fry the steaks in medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side. The steaks are ready when the cauliflower is turning softer and has a nice golden color. Serve with some freshly squeezed lime and cilantro.
- Final cooking time will depend on how thick you cut the steaks, and on the heat. I cooked mine at high heat until well grilled on the outside, but still a little crispy inside.
- I chose to eat the steaks with some raw vegan chimichurri sauce. All you need to do is blend all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 15-20 seconds.
Find more of Natalie’s recipes on her blog.