Any gloomy fall morning can be made brighter with this vegan blueberry chia parfait! It’s creamy, healthy, colorful, and absolutely good for you. Layer it with tahini granola, top with more blueberries, and you’ve got yourself a beautiful breakfast!
- ½ cup cashews (soak cashews)
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp creamy coconut milk or other plant-based milk (I used ½ cup coconut milk and 2 tbsp coconut cream)
- 1,5 tbsp chia seeds
- 3–4 tbsp frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- For layering: more blueberries and tahini granola
- Preparations for blueberry chia parfait: Soak cashews for 2-4 hours in warm water: put cashews in a jar or a bowl and cover with water.
- Blueberry chia parfait: when cashews are ready, drain and rinse them properly.
- Blend all parfait ingredients in a high-speed blender or powerful food processor until smooth consistency is reached.
- For a two toned parfait add first 2 tbsp of blueberries and blend all ingredients.
- Divide the blended mixture in half, put one half into the fridge to set (for 10 min or overnight) and the other half into a bowl and mix in 2 tbsp blueberries.
- Put the other parfait mixture into the fridge and let set for 10 minutes to overnight.
- Layering the parfait: mix the thick parfait with a spoon and add more plant-based milk if needed. Put half of the parfait into a small jar, add crumbled granola and blueberries. Add the second parfait layer, granola and blueberry toppings.
For a less thick and creamy parfait, just add more liquids e.g. plant-based milk.
Find more of Tiina’s recipes on @myberryforest.