Does anything sound better than cooling off with a vegan snickers-style ice cream cake on a hot summer day? We didn’t think so either! This dairy- and gluten-free recipe is also perfect for those who want vegan cake, but don’t want to bake it. Scroll down for a recipe video!
- 1 cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4–6 hours
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- 4 Tbsp coconut butter/oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 Tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup peanut halves (unsalted)
- 7oz (200g) 70% cacao vegan dark chocolate
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Line a 8” (20cm) round cake tin with parchment paper on the bottom and sides.
- For the base, place the oats into a food processor/blender and pulse until floury. Add in the peanut butter and maple syrup and blend until you have a crumbly-sticky dough. Place the dough into the cake tin and press down evenly, then place in the freezer.
- Place all cream filling ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture over the base and even out, then immediately place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- For the caramel, place the coconut milk in a small pot over medium heat. Add in the peanut butter, coconut sugar, and salt and stir together. Bring to a boil, let simmer for 30 seconds, stirring continuously, then take off the heat.
- Sprinkle half of the peanut halves over the cream layer, then pour the caramel on top and sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top. Even out the layer and place back into the freezer.
- Place the dark chocolate in a water bath to melt. Add in the coconut milk and stir continuously until shiny. Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel layer and place back in the freezer to set for 4-6 hours (or overnight).
Find more of Kirsten’s recipes on The Tasty K.