Sometimes, simplicity is best. This classic chickpea hummus is proof! Made with a handful of basic ingredients and prepared in two easy steps, this recipe nevertheless yields great results when it comes to flavor and consistency!
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (this hummus is 100% improved if you make your own chickpeas, but using 1 whole can will also work).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp cold water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder (fresh is fine, but the powder provides a less sharp, more even-keel taste).
- ¼ cup cold water + more as needed added in 1 tbsp increments (use the water the chickpeas were cooked in if possible, but fresh water is more than fine).
- Topping suggestions: chopped parsley, cooked chickpeas, paprika, and a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a nutribullet or food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend, baby!
- After about 5 minutes of blending and adding water as needed, I had the perfect consistency.
Find more of Lindsay’s recipes on @lindsaysb.