- 1 lb penne
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, or more, if you like
- 1 cup of “no salt added” tomato sauce from a can
- Salt, to taste
- fresh pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened full fat oat milk
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley or basil
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add the pasta and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until 2 mins shy of al dente.
- Reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water and then drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, ½ tsp of red pepper flakes, 1 cup of tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes. Gently add the unsweetened oat milk and continue to simmer for another minute.
- Stir in the pasta and adjust the consistency by adding some or all of the reserved cooking water and cook for 2 more minutes, making sure the pasta doesn’t overcook.
- Check for seasoning and adjust, if needed, with salt/pepper/red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, top with fresh chopped parsley/basil.
- Serve hot.
Find more of Anusha’s recipes on @yummyyatra.