- 190g | 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 40g almond meal, finely ground
- 60–80g light brown sugar
- 40g coconut or brown sugar
- 1tsp pink salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 240ml | 1 cup almond milk, at room temp
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 40g | ¼ cup sunflower oil or other neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 5 tbsp melted dairy free white chocolate
- 1 tbsp melted raw cacao butter
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp almond slices, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 175C | 350 ºF. Lightly grease and line a 22×15 cm| 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the apple cider vinegar and plant milk and set aside for at least 5 minutes to curdle.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add oil and vanilla to the milk. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely before glazing or slicing.
- To make the glaze: gently melt white chocolate, cacao butter and almond butter over a Bain Marie or in the microwave and stir to combine. Stir in the toasted almond slices. Pour over the cool cake. Place in the refrigerator to set if it’s too warm on the counter.
Find more of Yukiko’s recipes on @foodie.yuki.