- 1 block tofu, extra firm
- 1 T of tapioca flour.
- 1 tsp of sea salt.
- 1 tsp each of garlic and onion powder
- 1 cup of garbanzo flour or rice flour.
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 T of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 2 T of Tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp of garlic paste
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp of minced ginger
- 1 T of chili sauce
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- ½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of pineapple, cut into chunks
To prepare tofu:
- Take one block of extra firm tofu and place it between two paper towels on a plate. Then place a heavy pan on it so all the water is removed. Discard paper towels and cut your tofu into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Mix tapioca flour, sea salt, garlic and onion powders with garbanzo/rice flour in a bowl and add tofu. Toss the tofu around until evenly coated. Dry fry it on a pan set to medium eat until each side is golden brown. While you do this prepare the sauce.
To make the sauce:
- Add all your ingredients to a pot, except pepper and pineapple, into a pan and cook for 10 minutes or low medium heat. Stir until thickened. Add more water if you wish it to be more thinner.
- Add your pineapple and pepper and cook for another 5 mins on low. Add your tofu and mix until coated.
Serve with noodles or rice.
Find more of Sarah’s recipes on @sculptedkitchen.