- 2 (3.5 oz) packages vegan ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 Green onions, white and light green parts minced and dark green parts separated and sliced for garnish
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced and stems trimmed
- 2 ½ cups shredded green cabbage
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 (8oz-10oz) package vegan chickn strips
- 3 tsp Peanut oil or sesame oil
- Sriracha if desired for serving
- Cook your ramen noodles according to package instructions, drain and run under cold water and set aside. Cook vegan chick’n strips in a large skillet according to package instructions. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Heat 1 tsp of peanut oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the white and light green parts of the green onions with a pinch of salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened. Raise the temperature to medium-high heat, add sliced shiitakes, shredded cabbage, and another tsp peanut oil and sauté until softened, 12-15 minutes.
- While that is cooking down, combine soy sauce, vinegar, water, and sugar and set aside. Make a little hole in the middle of the pan, add last tsp peanut oil then add minced garlic cloves and grated ginger and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant, stir to combine.
- Add vegan chicken and ramen noodles gently stir to combine until warmed, add soy sauce mixture and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until everything is nice and glazed and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons of sliced green parts of the green onions, and sriracha is desired, and serve!