You can find the video for the tofu recipe in our IGTV -> @bestofvegan
“Honey” BBQ Tofu
- 1 block(450g) of firm Tofu
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- 2 Tb agave syrup or maple syrup
- 2 Tb oil
- one ripe mango diced in cubes
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 2 tb rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tb sesame oil
- 1 very small garlic clove
- salt to taste
- Cut tofu in bite size triangle pieces.
- Coat tofu with cornstarch.
- Fry tofu in hot oil until all sides of your tofu are lightly crispy and set your pieces aside.
- To make the sauce, eat 2 Tb of oil in a pan. Add in agave syrup and bbq sauce and stir until your sauce is reduced to a sticky consistency, you should see bubbles all throughout your sauce.
- Mix in your crispy tofu pieces until they are all coated. Once coated, turn your burner to very high heat and move your tofu around quickly to give your pieces a nice charr. Keep a close eye as you don’t want it to burn. Add more sauce at the end if you want it saucy saucy
- To make the mango dressing, insert the listed ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste at the end.
Find more of Lloyd’s recipes on @plantcrazii.