- Cake: 1 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa/cacao
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cups date sugar
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup canned white beans + juice (aquafaba)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup ️
- Soak uncooked quinoa in 2 cups of water for at least 1 hour (or overnight). Do not drain.
- Add white wine vinegar to nondairy milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together all remaining ingredients for cake batter (including soaked quinoa and water) in high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- At the very end, add in the milk+vinegar mixture and blend.
- Add batter to springform on and bake at 350° F until toothpick comes out clean (~28-32 minutes).
- Remove from cake pan and allow cake to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- For frosting, mix together frosting ingredients with hand mixer until smooth.
- Frost cake, add strawberries (or any other berries) and enjoy!