Looking for a perfectly crispy, flavorful topping for your lunch bowl? Try making these sesame miso BBQ vegan cauliflower bites, and you’ll never look back!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, remove stems, and use florets only
- 1 cup of your favorite vegan barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan flour)
- 1 cup almond milk, or any plant-based milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp miso powder, or paste
- 1–2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Coriander or spring onion
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the batter ingredients in a bowl, dip the cauliflower florets into the batter and allow the excess to drip off. Place the cauliflower on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until the batter is firm and lightly golden.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and add the barbecue sauce to a bowl. If your sauce is very thick, add 1 or 2 tsp of water to thin it out slightly. Coat the cauliflower completely in the barbecue sauce and place it back on the tray. Bake for another 15 minutes roughly, reduce the heat to 180ºC/360ºF if it begins to burn.
- Serve with basmati rice, coriander, and sesame seeds.
Find more of Tess’s recipes on her Youtube channel.