This recipe is entirely plant-based, gluten free and high in protein! I recommend letting the pancakes cool down a little before enjoying them.
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate peanut butter protein powder (I use Orgain, but any vegan protein powder will do! if you don’t have protein powder, simply use more oat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Oil or vegan butter for cooking
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Extra chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the oat milk with the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients and then slowly start mixing in the oat milk mix using a whisk or a fork (don’t over-mix).
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a little oil (olive or coconut) or vegan butter in a non stick pan and start cooking your pancakes (you’ll need about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake or less if you want mini pancakes).
- Cook them over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side (careful not to burn them if your stove is very hot).
- Let them cool and mix the peanut butter with the maple syrup (you can also just use either of them separately).
- Serve the pancakes topped with the peanut maple mix and some extra chocolate chips.