Is there anything more universally loved in the world of appetizers than buffalo cauliflower wings? Crispy, tender, spicy, and creamy all at the same time, these will satisfy anyone’s palate.
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened soy or oat milk
- ⅓ cup water
Buffalo sauce ingredients:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Vegan sour cream
- BBQ sauce
- Veggies of choice (like carrots and celery)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl and slowly pouring and mixing in the wet ingredients using a whisk or a fork until you get a smooth, lump-free consistency.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and start dipping the cauliflower florets in the batter until they’re fully coated. Shake the florets lightly to remove any excess batter and then place them on the baking tray one by one.
- Bake for 25 minutes (optional: flip half way through).
- While the florets are baking, start making the sauce by melting the vegan butter in a small pot. Once it’s melted add all other ingredients. Mix and cook it until it starts to thicken.
- Take the florets out of the oven and lower the heat to 350F. Dip each floret into the sauce, remove any excess and then place it back on the baking tray.
- Bake for 25 more minutes and then let the cauliflower wings cool for a few minutes (but not too long, they’re best eaten warm to hot).
- Serve with cut veggies and dipping sauces of choice and enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by Forager Project.
Photography: Marissa Wong | Recipe: Kim-Julie Hansen
PIN/SAVE/SHARE THIS RECIPE
If you loved this buffalo cauliflower wings recipe, you might also like…