- 1.5 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 or 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa (4 is more chocolatey but more bitter – then maybe add 1 more tbsp syrup)
- 1/2 cup plant milk (I used oat)
- small pinch of salt
- Roast hazelnuts on 150 Celsius/300F for about 15 minutes. Let them cool slightly and rub them in your hands or in a clean cloth to remove the skins. Place in the food processor/blender. Blend. It’s important to use freshly roasted hazelnuts – this goes for all nut butters. This way you will have your butter done in under 5 minutes of blending. You will probably need to stop the blending once or twice to scrape from the sides but pretty quickly you should have smooth nut butter.
- Make the chocolate: melt on steam coconut oil, add cocoa, small pinch of salt and maple and keep stirring until smooth.
- Add into blender and blend some more.
- This is when disaster happens: our beautiful smooth butter turns into a clumpy mess.
- 5. But do not despair…here you add milk and blend into a perfect smoothness.