This buckwheat almond crust tart is so decadently delicious, with its flourless crust, indulgent sweet potato chocolate ganache, and blueberry topping. It tastes rich and creamy, even though there’s no dairy or refined sugar involved!
- 1 cup rolled or steal cut oats
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- ½ cup almonds chopped (I used flaked and slivered ones)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 3 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups cubed and steamed sweet potato
- ¼ cup melted cocoa paste (or cocoa butter)
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp bourbon vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- Mix oats, buckwheat, almonds and salt and process in a food processor until buckwheat and almonds are coarsely ground
- Add the rest of crust ingredients and process a bit more until the mixture is evenly moist. It will be a bit crumbly. Add more sweetener if needed
- Press the mixture in a silicone mould (I used the bread tin) making the bottom thicker than the sides. The mixture will be pretty crumbly, mostly thanks to buckwheat groats and I was afraid it would all miserably fall apart, but the shells came out nice and firm and the buckwheat groats were beautifully crunchy after baking
- Bake for 18 min at 175°C/350°F.
- Leave it to completely cool and firm up
- Prepare the ganache.
- To prepare sweet potato, cut it in cubes and steam for 10-15 minutes, until soft. To melt cocoa paste, place it in the bowl and steam, placing it on the pot with boiling water. The melting process shouldn’t last longer than 5 minutes
- Now, place all the ingredients in the high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Transfer into the crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- If you’re after a super quick dessert, you can simply serve this ganache in cups, cooled overnight. It will get a mousse-like consistency. Incredibly delicious, and nobody will believe you that it’s sweet potato.
Find more of Maja’s recipes at Delicious & Healthy by Maya.
If you loved this buckwheat almond crust tart…
and would like to explore the sweet potato dessert potential further, check out these recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Sweet Potato and Raspberries
- Purple Sweet Potato Donuts with Raspberry Tahini Glaze
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Sweet Potato Waffles With Cashew Cream
- Sweet Potato Chai Mousse