Looking for a fuss-free way to treat yourself? Try this easy vegan lemon blueberry loaf cake – it’s light, fluffy, delicious, and made with very little effort!
- 250g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 150g (¾ cup) light brown sugar
- 70 ml (⅓ cup + 1 tsp) sunflower seeds oil
- 220 ml (1 cup less 1 tbsp) soy or almond milk
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp organic lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste / extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp corn starch
For the glaze
- 160g icing sugar
- 1 tsp blueberry powder or blueberry juice
- 1 tbsp plant milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F. Line a 22 cm loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix the vegetable oil, salt, and sugars together in a medium bowl. Add in the lemon zest, vanilla, and milk and stir to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the flour and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-47 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool down into the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Combine all the ingredients and spoon over the (cooled) cake. Add more icing sugar for thicker glaze/ milk for thinner.
The ingredients listed are for one 22 cm loaf pan.
Find more of Yukiko’s recipes on @foodie.yuki.