This recipe is one of my favorite go-to dishes. I love it because it’s super quick and easy to make and who doesn’t like curry? The coconut milk makes it extra creamy without having to use any dairy products. A personal tip: always buy full-fat coconut milk instead of the reduced fat version, the lighter version is usually either the same price of even more expensive, but it’s just regular coconut milk thinned down with water. That’s why I usually use full-fat coconut milk and mix it with vegetable broth or water. Without further ado, here’s the recipe:Print
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp minced onion flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 pinch of each sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp coriander seeds
- 2tsp curry blend
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 small can (200mL) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped kale or baby spinach
- fresh cilantro
- Sauté the sliced onion in the coconut oil for about 5 min at medium heat.
- Then add the minced onion flakes, garlic salt, sea salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, coriander seeds, curry blend and cashews.
- Lastly, add the coconut milk, vegetable broth and chickpeas and cook everything for 1-2 more minutes.
- Mix in the kale or baby spinach (optional) at the very end and then serve with fresh cilantro.