Super Bowl is around the corner, and we have prepared some delicious vegan snacks perfect for the occasion! Spend this day with friends and family in style by sharing these gorgeous (yet easy to make!) appetizers: cream cheese-filled vegan jalapeño poppers and flavor-packed pizza dough bites. Mix in your favorite veggies of choice, add the plant-based dips, and you’ve got yourself a vegan Game Day platter!
- 10–12 medium to large jalapeños
- 1 small tub (7-8 oz) of vegan cream cheese
- ½ handful of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- GoodFoods Plant-Based Dips
- Cut veggies of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the jalapeños on the baking tray and start preparing the cream cheese filling.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with the chives garlic and onion powder, sea salt, and pepper using a fork. With a small spoon, start filling the jalapeños.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes, then top with the vegan cheddar shreds and bread crumbs and bake or broil for a few extra minutes (note: if you want the cheese to melt, add it at the very beginning and bake until it’s golden and starts to melt.)
- Serve with your veggies and GoodFoods Plant-Based Dips and enjoy!
- 1 ball of store-bought vegan pizza dough
- 8oz of vegan minced “meat” crumbles
- 1 cup of vegan cheese shreds of choice
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼–½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp (smoked) paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- GoodFoods Plant-Based Dips of your choice (we recommend queso-style and buffalo!)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF/220ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pizza dough and cut out smaller circles.
- In a pan, sauté the minced “meat”, onion, garlic, and seasonings (except the Italian seasoning) in the olive oil over medium to high heat for about 7 minutes (stir well).
- Place a little of the “meat” mixture and the cheese shreds onto each circle and then fold the dough over to form little pizza balls. Top with Italian seasoning or oregano (you can brush a little olive oil on top if needed).
- Bake in the oven until golden brown (depending on your oven and the size of the pizza balls, this will take about 10-15 minutes).
- Enjoy with GoodFoods’ Plant-Based Dips!
This post is sponsored by GoodFoods.
Photography: Marissa Wong | Recipes: Kim-Julie Hansen
PIN/SAVE/SHARE THE RECIPES