- Makes 4 cups of soup
- * 1 onion, chopped
- * 2 scallions, chopped
- * 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- * 1 tbsp olive oil
- * 8-10 fresh tomatoes
- * 2 tbsp tomato paste
- * 1/2 cup water
- * 1 cup vegetable broth
- * 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped
- * 3 tsp fresh crushed basil leaves
- * 3 tsp dried oregano
- * salt and pepper
- * pinch of cayenne (more to turn up the heat!)
- * 2 tbsp nutritional yeast .
- In a pan, brown onions, scallion, paste and garlic, add tomato pulp (see my recipe on my blog for how-to on using grater to collect fresh tomato pulp), water, broth, mushrooms and spices until hot and just bubbling, but don’t reduce liquid.
- Serve hot, topped with micro greens and nutritional yeast!