- Recipe as posted by chocolateforbasil.com:
- 4 ounces cremini shiitake or other mushroom, cleaned and quartered (stems removed)
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms, cleaned (separated, stems removed)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for sauteing (or other oil)
- 1, 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red chile pepper, sliced, seeds and ribs removed
- 1, 32 ounce container vegetable broth
- 1, 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp lemongrass paste, or 3 stalks of fresh lemongrass, cut and pounded
- 3 tbsp organic tamari or soy sauce
- 2 medium limes, juiced (about Tbsp) plus a few wedges for garnish
- 2-3 dried kaffir lime leaves, or 2 fresh leaves (bruised before adding)
- handful of chopped cilantro
- In a medium pot on medium high heat, lightly saute the mushrooms in coconut oil to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger, kaffir limes, lemongrass (if using the stems), and half the sliced red chilies. Continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tamari, and lime juice. Continue to simmer over medium heat for another 10-15 minutes so all the flavors come together. Spoon into large bowls and top with the remaining red chiles, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro. Serve!